· If you are not feeling well, experiencing a fever or cough or if you have had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days…
· If you have had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days…
· If you have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days…
please do not attend worship.
For those attending worship, please read and observe the following procedures:
Entering the church for Sunday Worship
· Worshipers will be required to enter the church thru the Entrance on West State Street
· A face mask or shield will be required of all worshipers.
o A basket of masks and shields will be available at each entrance for those who do not have one.
· Hand sanitizer should be used upon entry and exit
o Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance for use
· Upon entering visitors will be signed in to a logbook by a “greeter.”
· Congregants will be reminded (by signs posted and the pastor) to refrain from physical contact with those outside of their family group. (hugging, shaking hands, etc.)
· Circles /lines will be placed on the ground to help people to maintain six feet of distance.
· Two ushers will be needed to assist with the service– one at the door to offer masks and hand sanitizer and a second to check in worshipers.
Seating in the Sanctuary:
· Seating will be modified to ensure proper social distancing
o Only half of each pew will be utilized, half will be roped off and unused. A row will be skipped in between and the opposite half of the next row will be roped off, ensuring more distance between persons.
o Congregants will be asked to sit as family groups
· Preaching will take place from the chancel and the first three rows will be empty to increase safety.
Changes to Worship:
· Remaining seated and utilizing sign language to pass the peace will replace our traditional passing of the peace at this time.
· Offering plate / box will be placed by door. Congregants will be asked to drop their offering in the plates upon entry or exit. Ushers will not collect the offering as has been traditionally done.
· Hymnals will be removed from the pews, but Bibles will remain in pews.
· Music will be instrumental only or prerecorded if proper copyright permission can be obtained and a way to effectively stream can be found.
· Communion will be celebrated online on August 2nd. No supplies will be offered to those in person who will participate symbolically.
Exiting the Building
· At the conclusion of the service, worshipers will be dismissed row by row to help with physical distancing and exit via the West State Street door.
· Staffed nursery, Sunday School and coffee hour will be temporarily suspended pending the revision of guidelines for these activities.
· The temperature of each staff member (worship leader) will be taken and recorded each Sunday and the required questions will be asked of each staff member.